This morning I completed the Great Aloha Run (8.15 miles) in one hour and forty six minutes. I have been running with two friends of mine in an effort to be able to run an entire 5k in March. We meet three days a week with strollers and complete a running program called "Couch to 5k." I must say, running without a hundred pounds of stroller and boys is so much easier than running with them! Today's race was completed with an interval of running three minutes and walking three minutes. We were able to maintain this pace for the entire race for an overall pace of a 13 minute mile. The race began at the Aloha Tower in downtown Honolulu, went along Nimitz Highway, and finished at the stadium. It was a flat course, which made it much easier to maintain our pace. Other than a sore left foot, which I am hoping is from having my shoes too tight, I feel great and am very proud of how we did considering we've been "training" together for just four weeks.

There were several military units who ran in the race. It was very motivating to see all of them. There were also numerous middle and high school bands playing along the course. Nothing beats the all out excitement of middle school girls screaming for you to keep running!

This picture was taken at the starting line right after the National Anthem. If you look closely, you can see Aloha Tower off in the distance. It looked much closer in person. My phone doesn't take the best pictures.

This is Aloha Tower at daybreak.
No comments:
Post a Comment