It was a dreary, rainy day in Kailua. So, we decided to load the boys up and drive to the other side of the island to do the Waimea Falls hike. It would seem that the North Shore was one of the only dry areas on the island today. The hike is an easy paved hike to the falls. There are numerous side paths that you can take along the way, but with the mud and the boys this would have been a bad combination. We stayed on the paved path all the way there, and I must say it's a beautiful walk. My goal on this little adventure was to play around with my shutter speed while shooting the falls themselves. It took a few tries, but after playing around, I found the right setting and was able to make the falls have the misty look you see here. While it's probably not that big of a feat, I was proud of myself for figuring it out.
Along the way, the boys wanted to know what EVERY sign said. We would answer with things like, "Stay on the path," "Listen to your mommy." Here L was mimicking these responses and pointing claiming the sign said, "Do what mommy says."
This sign just struck me as funny. Only in Hawaii do you worry about getting hit by falling fruit!
L enjoyed exploring the different plants. He and B said they were on "an venture."
They were exhausted by the time we got to the falls themselves. They both wanted to be carried on the way back. I had to inform them that three and a half year olds don't get carried anymore.
B didn't want to be in many pictues today. I was able to snap this one of L looking at the falls.
This picture makes me laugh because I swear B looks JUST like his Uncle Darren. That pose is totally my brother! It makes me laugh because usually I think B looks just like his daddy, but in this picture it's clear he looks just as much like my side of the family as his.






No comments:
Post a Comment