I’ve come to the realization that I’m consistent in my inconsistency. I do a little of this and a little of that. I have a million unfinished projects and even more ideas of things I think I’d like to try or do. I jump from one thought to the other pretty quickly and have found, lately, that I have a hard time following through. I’m also really good at telling other people what they should do or could do but often don’t follow through myself. And, often, I think that I’ll find the direction I’m looking for in a book (it’s the English teacher in me). As a result, I’ve crafted quite the book collection--the latest topics being focused on early childhood learning and discipline--just check out some of the titles in the picture below. So maybe I am good at something after all. In the end, though, I have felt as of late that I am lacking focus.
So, it is with an anniversary gift from my other half that I am diving head first into a new (not really new but not ever really taken seriously) hobby: photography. I got a Canon Rebel XT when the boys were about six months old because I got tired of missing the shot with my slower point and shoot camera. For our anniversary this year, he got me two lenses for my camera to encourage me to start taking pictures more seriously. However, after playing around with my camera and another, I decided that if I’m really going to take this seriously that I needed to upgrade the camera as well. I am already in love with the camera, and I hardly know how to use it. But I can say this: it has, so far, proven itself to be far superior to my other camera.
My plan is to take classes at the University of Hawaii this fall through their outreach college. This will be the first time in a VERY long time that I’ve taken any courses that aren’t education related, and I’m also VERY excited about that fact. I also plan to take pictures and more pictures and even more pictures. I’ll appreciate any and all feedback as I post my favorite photos. I’ll also be willing to take pictures for anyone for the asking. I figure the only way to learn is to do something again and again and again. This holds true to pretty much anything in life when wanting to learn to do it well. While I’m not sure where this will all take me, I’m looking forward to taking this next year to figure it all out. At the very least, I’ll end up with some really fun shots of our boys...
No comments:
Post a Comment