While Tom and I don’t really have the same birthday, it’s close enough to pretend that we do. This year, on Tom’s birthday, I told the boys to wish him a happy birthday when he came out of the shower. They looked at me and said, “No Mommy. Where is his crown. Where are all his presents? He needs his friends.” Bless their hearts. They base their view of the world on their on their own little experiences. They got a crown at school this year on their birthday, and they still very vividly remember their birthday party. After Tom went to work, they wouldn’t leave the idea of daddy having a party alone, so we wound up making him some brownies and a crown and getting him some balloons. We took them up to daddy’s work to surprise him. The best part of the surprise was the boys wore their flight suits up to see their daddy. The refer to it as daddy’s helicopter work. Daddy was so very happy to see the boys, and their flight suits got quite a positive reception from the Marines.
For my birthday, we went to see the Marine Corps Band and the Marine Corps Silent Drill Team. In fifteen years, I had never seen either, so it was a wonderful treat. When the band started performing, Brody leaned over to me and said, “Mommy, is this your birthday party.” I smiled a big smile and said, “Why yes it is!” Seems I’m the coolest mommy ever because I got to have such a big party on my birthday! It was a beautiful day, perfect weather, perfect company. It was hands down a marvelous day to enter in my final year in my thirties.




I do not want my picture taken with my brother!









The United States Marine Corps Band







The United States Marine Corps Silent Drill Team

No comments:
Post a Comment