Did you know that life is a highway? This is the overall message of “Cars,” a movie which we are well into our hundredth time watching. I’ve been trying to figure out what the allure of the movie is, but it’s lost on me. My friends with young children assure me it’s a two year old phase. The boys are so into cars that they are the first thing they ask for in the morning. There is no “good morning mommy.” I am simply greeted with a one word grunt, “cars.” If I don’t open the car box quickly, they resort to a mixture of whining and crying. This is followed by taking a car to the breakfast table. The only time they are without a car is at nap time and bed time, when I am somehow able to get them out of their grasp. They even refuse to bathe without taking a car in the tub with them. I’ve decided it’s a battle not worth fighting, so we practice giving our cars a bath. It’s quite funny to watch them take the washcloth and wipe down their cars.
I must admit I’m a bit amazed by the amount of concern they show for the cars at certain parts of the movie. Brody gets very upset in the opening when the cars crash. I have to assure him that they will be ok. He also screams “Mac! Mac! Mac!” when Lightening gets lost on the highway. Luke doesn’t care for the scene where Lightening and Tow Mater taunt the cow tractors. The best part is that every time I turn the movie on, they squeal as if it’s the first time they have ever seen it! Apparently they understand something we grown ups seem to forget--it’s about finding joy in the little things, even if it’s something you’ve seen a hundred times.
So at the end of the day, just remember,
“Life's like a road that you travel on
When there's one day here and the next day gone
Sometimes you bend, sometimes you stand
Sometimes you turn your back to the wind
There's a world outside ev'ry darkened door
Where blues won't haunt you anymore
Where brave are free and lovers soar
Come ride with me to the distant shore”
About Me
- Everyday adventures...
- Welcome to the world of twin preschoolers. Every day is an adventure! This blog is a way for me to share a little of what life is like with twin boys. The adventure never ends. On most days, they make me wonder what would happen if “babies drooled the world”! One thing I know for sure is they would win most of the battles! In an ideal world, I’d love to write children’s books. The title of this blog is obviously a play on words (If babies ruled the world). It came to me one day when I was wiping a drool covered face for probably the 100th time. I think it would be a fun title for a book. Maybe one day the boys’ adventures will inspire me to finally write that book. Until then, I’ll have fun wondering what truly would happen if babies drooled the world!
No comments:
Post a Comment