About Me

My photo
Welcome to the world of twin preschoolers. Every day is an adventure! This blog is a way for me to share a little of what life is like with twin boys. The adventure never ends. On most days, they make me wonder what would happen if “babies drooled the world”! One thing I know for sure is they would win most of the battles! In an ideal world, I’d love to write children’s books. The title of this blog is obviously a play on words (If babies ruled the world). It came to me one day when I was wiping a drool covered face for probably the 100th time. I think it would be a fun title for a book. Maybe one day the boys’ adventures will inspire me to finally write that book. Until then, I’ll have fun wondering what truly would happen if babies drooled the world!

Thursday, November 13, 2008

That's Ooke's Milk

Language development is an amazing thing. Last night about an hour after I put the boys to bed, I heard Luke on the baby monitor saying things like “Ooke’s car, mommy’s car, Daddy’s car” along with other babble. I actually had to go in and tell him to stop and go to sleep.
Tonight while I was sitting on the couch listening to the boys play, I heard Luke say, “Boobo dats Ooke’s milk.” Brody stopped drinking from Luke’s cup and gave it to him. Luke responded with “dank ooo. Dat’s my milk. It’s cow milk.” I just about fell off the couch! He’s been stringing words together here and there, but not to that extent. This is the first time I’ve heard them communicate in actual words, not grunts or physical contact (to include hitting, biting, tackling, and wrestling). Simply amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment