About Me

My photo
Welcome to the world of twin preschoolers. Every day is an adventure! This blog is a way for me to share a little of what life is like with twin boys. The adventure never ends. On most days, they make me wonder what would happen if “babies drooled the world”! One thing I know for sure is they would win most of the battles! In an ideal world, I’d love to write children’s books. The title of this blog is obviously a play on words (If babies ruled the world). It came to me one day when I was wiping a drool covered face for probably the 100th time. I think it would be a fun title for a book. Maybe one day the boys’ adventures will inspire me to finally write that book. Until then, I’ll have fun wondering what truly would happen if babies drooled the world!

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

In the Deep End

I thought it would be a good idea to sign the boys up for swim lessons seeing as how we live in Hawaii and all. Well, not so much. The first day, Luke got in the water, but was terrified. I don’t think it helped that it was cold outside. Brody would not get in the water at all. The second day, Luke refused to get in the water. At one point, I handed him to the instructor, and he screamed the most awful scream. It sounded like someone was torturing him. Once again, I don’t think it helped that the water was really cold and it was windy. We didn’t even bother putting Brody’s suit on because I knew he wouldn’t go in. At the end of the second lesson, I pretty much knew I had just wasted my money.

Now here is the crazy thing. Those boys, a few days later, decided to get creative on me. I found them in their playroom, in their under wear (aka bathing suits) with their swim goggles. They were pretending that the futon was the pool and that they were jumping in it. They seemed so proud of their bravery. “Look Mommy. I jump in the pool.” Luke will even put his entire head under the water in the bath tub and blow bubbles. But there is no way he was going in that big pool to do the very same thing. Lesson learned--be sure they are ready before sinking $$ into lessons!

IMG_5456.flR5XGJSju8o.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment