About Me

My photo
Welcome to the world of twin preschoolers. Every day is an adventure! This blog is a way for me to share a little of what life is like with twin boys. The adventure never ends. On most days, they make me wonder what would happen if “babies drooled the world”! One thing I know for sure is they would win most of the battles! In an ideal world, I’d love to write children’s books. The title of this blog is obviously a play on words (If babies ruled the world). It came to me one day when I was wiping a drool covered face for probably the 100th time. I think it would be a fun title for a book. Maybe one day the boys’ adventures will inspire me to finally write that book. Until then, I’ll have fun wondering what truly would happen if babies drooled the world!

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Changes--They Are A-Comin'

I'm holding out hope that something magical will happen to the boys when they turn three. Two has been tough on me. Never mind the fact we moved in the middle of the twos, I just don't think I was truly prepared for the reality of having TWO at two. Two babies was a piece of cake. In fact, two babies, was like a piece of cake and ice cream with whip cream and a cherry on top. So sweet. Two, well let's just say that two knocked me to my knees. I'm realizing that it won't be much longer that I'll be able to say, "What do you expect, they are only two."

With that said, I am very excited about what three will bring. First of all, potty training is going faboosh! I can count on one hand the number of accidents the two of them have had combined since last Thursday. Second, I received a phone call yesterday saying that a spot has opened up in the part-day preschool. As of Nov. 10th, they will be going to school from 1-5 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. It will be just enough time for me to run errands, drink a cup of coffee, go to the beach, get a pedicure, get a haircut, get a massage, etc. etc. etc. My mind is a twitter with all of the possibilities. This, of course, all hinges on the potty training success. Apparently they have a two week grace period when they start. If they have too many accidents during that time, they won't be able to come back. So, I figure between now and Nov. 10 gives me three weeks, plus the two week grace period equals five weeks to get them in line! Third, the base has athletic programs for three and four year olds with the goal of helping children get ready for sports as they get older. Well, this fall's program is flag football. I am so excited that they are going to get to participate in this. Can you imagine the folly of three and four year olds running around playing football. I think I may greet the coach with a hug because whoever volunteers for such a position must be a saint in my book.

While I'm not in a rush for the boys to grow up, I am excited for this new phase they are about to enter. Three to me seems like a magical land. And quite frankly, I'll be thrilled to kiss the two's goodbye.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh what exciting times! I am like you...I love the stage Dane is at now, but get so excited when I think of all that is in store for us!

    ReplyDelete