About Me
- Everyday adventures...
- Welcome to the world of twin preschoolers. Every day is an adventure! This blog is a way for me to share a little of what life is like with twin boys. The adventure never ends. On most days, they make me wonder what would happen if “babies drooled the world”! One thing I know for sure is they would win most of the battles! In an ideal world, I’d love to write children’s books. The title of this blog is obviously a play on words (If babies ruled the world). It came to me one day when I was wiping a drool covered face for probably the 100th time. I think it would be a fun title for a book. Maybe one day the boys’ adventures will inspire me to finally write that book. Until then, I’ll have fun wondering what truly would happen if babies drooled the world!
Friday, October 16, 2009
Paci Free Thanks to the Paci Fairy
Brody has been paci free now for an entire month! I had tried getting rid of it several months ago but failed miserably. He was hysterical and kept gagging himself. It felt too much like torture, so I caved and gave it back to him. Unfortunately, he regressed and started needing it all the time again. After seeing pictures of him from the change of command with his paci in his mouth, I knew it was time for it to go. I opted this time for the Paci Fairy to pay him a visit. On the last full day Joyce was here, we had him put all of his pacis in a box in the playroom. We then went out to run some errands. It was at this time the Paci Fairy came and took his pacis for all of the new babies in the world and left him a stuffed dog in return. I must admit I am amazed at how easily this worked! While he cried a bit, it was nowhere near like the first time I tried to take it away. After a few days, he stopped asking for it at all. Yesterday was the first time he's mentioned it weeks. It was funny because he said, "My paci" and then looked at me with sly eyes to see what I would say. I just ignored it, and he didn't mention it again. Now, if anyone has any suggestions on how to get someone to stop sucking his thumb, I'm all ears. I have a feeling that one is going to be a battle far greater. When I told them that the Paci Fairy had taken the pacis to the new babies in the world, Luke's response was, "Mommy, the Paci Fairy no take my thumb away." As you can tell, I'm already losing on that one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment